WHY GET A PCA CHEMICAL PEEL?
The purpose of receiving a chemical peel treatment by Allied Medical Aesthetics is to improve overall skin health and the appearance of your skin. PCA Chemical Peels can assist in reversing the signs of aging & improve skin texture by promoting new skin cell regeneration and stimulate the formation of collagen and elastin.
PCA Chemical Peels can also improve specific skin conditions such as uneven skin tones related to hyperpigmentation, age spots, acne scarring, excessive oil and acne breakouts, enlarged pores, fine lines & wrinkles, poor circulation & skin laxity.
HOW DO CHEMICAL PEELS WORK?
Your PCA Chemical Peels treatment is a non-evasive, epidermal, exfoliating treatment that aids in cellular turnover, allowing healthier skin to rejuvenate. Professionally applied peel solutions exfoliate dead skin cells and surface buildup in addition to clearing congestion to help healthy skin cells rise to the surface. These treatments allow deeper layers of fresh and untouched skin to be revealed. The PCA professional solutions used are formulated with ingredients that are found naturally in our skin and body for maximum compatibility. This ensures optimal results without unnecessary side effects.
WHAT IS A CHEMICAL PEEL TREATMENT LIKE?
PCA Chemical Peels are comprised of medicated solutions of varying strengths, that are applied to the skin in layers. During treatment, there may be some degree of discomforts such as stinging, pin-prickling sensation, heat, or tightness. Depending on the strength of the peel, the outermost layers of skin flake and peel over a matter of days (5 – 7) to reveal the fresh, undamaged layers underneath. You may experience increased skin redness that will dissipate over time, usually within 7-10 days. Please speak with your Licensed Medical Aesthetician before your treatment to decide which peel would be best for you. After treatment, avoid direct sun exposure and exercise for a minimum of 24 hours.
WHAT AREAS ARE COMMONLY TREATED WITH CHEMICAL PEELS?
- Typically the face and a portion of the neck are the most commonly treated areas. However, after a proper consultation and clinical examination by our Licensed Medical Aestheticians to avoid any complications, PCA Chemical Peels are safe and designed to treat most areas of your body.
WHAT IS THE COST OF CHEMICAL PEELS?
- Our PCA line of chemical peel treatments starts at $125 and ranges up to $400 = LEVEL I - IV (superficial, medium/moderate, or advanced depth medical grade/Rx & Rx+ peels). Which peel best meets your personal skincare goals can be determined on the day of treatment or in advance during a skincare consultation. Please inquire about our Monthly Membership options and our Beauty & Wellness Express as they are both excellent ways to save on your next PCA Chemical Peel treatment.
*Post Peel Kits are included with ALL Advanced/Medical Grade - Rx & Rx+ Peels
HOW LONG DO RESULTS LAST FROM A PCA CHEMICAL PEEL TREATMENT?
- With the ability to reduce pigmentation, decrease sebaceous activity and improve texture with the new production of collagen, results from chemical peels can be life-changing. Results can truly be transformational & are considered long-lasting.
WHAT IS MY DOWNTIME FROM A CHEMICAL PEEL LIKE?
- Downtime varies depending on the depth & level of PCA Chemical Peels, along with which boosting products are chosen for your treatment. Redness may be apparent after treatment. The exfoliation & peeling process usually starts three days post-treatment. Both typically reside within 7 – 10 days. Sensitivity may occur from your PCA Chemical Peel due to the treatment process. It is best to refrain from exercise and anything that induces heat (hot showers, steam rooms, hot tubs, etc.) after your treatment. The increased heat in the skin and sweat can be irritating.
HOW MANY CHEMICAL PEEL TREATMENTS DO I NEED?
- Chemical Peels are typically safe to do every 3-4 weeks. However, based on the depth of the peel, Allied Medical Aesthetics may recommend you wait longer between peels. Most patients require a series of peels over several months, each with gradual results to reach your optimal skincare goals.